Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MIA

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I'm not having much luck finding the time to craft these days. Maddie's birthday party is this weekend and it seems like the housework and prepping for that never ends! I took a cake decorating class a number of years ago (Hi, Michelle!) and while I enjoy the THOUGHT of making Maddie's birthday cake, the actual process does nothing but stress me out because I'm worried it'll be a flop. I have a practice cake that I baked last night and I hope to decorate it this evening. I found a recipe for fondant that I'm going to try to make so I'll let you know how that goes. I bought some of the Wilton variety as a back up but I've used it before and it isn't the greatest tasting fondant. I'll take pics of the practice cake when it's finished. Hopefully I will have some time tomorrow night to stamp. My DH has offered to hire a cleaning service to help me out in getting the house cleaned thoroughly so I look forward to coming home to a sparkling clean home tomorrow evening :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are brave to tackle making your own cake - but I am sure it will be great!

Angie Tieman said...

Don't stress out, it will be great! FYI: stamping does relieve stress! ha! ha! Let us know how that fondant turns out, I tried it once, NOT good! lol! What a sweetie your dh is for the cleaning service, great idea! Sending good party thoughts your way!