Thursday, May 22, 2008

WT167: Masculine

Today's Ways to Use It Challenge got us all motivated to make some masculine cards. Golfafella is a recent acquisition--I thought he'd come in handy to make some cards for Steve. Fortunately for me, Steve has such a bad memory that I will be able to use this stamp year after year. For our anniversary, I got a Penny Black stamp which says, "I will love until the 14th day of ever" which is perfect since our anniversary falls on the 14th. It was a Valentine's Day stamp that I found some years ago and I've used it every year since to make him a card. Every year he comments on how unique the sentiment is and I laugh about the fact that he doesn't remember it from the year before. This will be the fourth anniversary that I'll be using that stamp come July so we'll see if he recognizes it. Anyway, back to this card. I decided to go with a blue and brown combo since Steve has this light blue shirt he often wears with a coordinating hat and that's what I thought about when I first saw this stamp. Of course, he would never wear the long socks and carry a coordinating golf bag, but that's okay. The image was stamped with Adirondack ink and colored with Copics. Then, I made the background by combining a couple of stamps. I had this smaller stamp from Savvystamps which I tried using first and I didn't like the way it looked. It wasn't made to stamp repeatedly because the lines just didn't match up and it looked a little botched up by the time I was finished. Since I had already attempted to stamp the pattern on both sides of the cardstock, I just stamped over it with Print Pattern to see how that would look. I didn't have another Caramel scrap and what can I say--I didn't feel like cutting into a new sheet if I didn't have to! Well, I liked the way the combination of stamps looked so I kept it and finished the card. The sentiment was picked up a few years ago with another golf-related stamp and I think it's perfect here and of course, I can also use it with all of the bird stamps I seem to be accumulating. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip and finished it off with some hardware. Well, that's it for today! I have a bunch of cards to make since I had a couple of no-shows from my neighborhood at my class the other night. I figured I could make their cards while I had all of the supplies out so that I could have them and ya...that means I still have a stamp camp mess from two nights ago!! It will have to wait though because I think I hear the park calling Maddie's name! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

How cute is this guy?! Love it! The background you created is awesome, so clever!! Too funny about your husband's memory, sounds like mine!

JoLynn said...

That is a great idea for the background. Love yer fella. :)