Monday, May 19, 2008

Upcoming Stamp-a-Stack

Hello, everyone! Hope you had a fabulous weekend. I kept busy with the garage sale on Saturday and it wore me out! My allergies were acting up and so I was pretty out of it for most of Saturday evening and early Sunday morning. I couldn't stay down for too long though because I have a Stamp-a-Stack this Tuesday so I had to get crackin' on some cards. I stayed up last night after Steve and Maddie went to sleep so that I could have some peace and quiet and made a few of the cards we'll be making.
I've acquired some new DSP recently so I wanted to use it. On this first card, I used a sampler of sorts using strips from the Bali Breeze collection. I really love the colors that are found in these prints--teal, saffron, rose and pumpkin. I thought the papers matched the Accents and Elements Felt Fusion collection so I incorporated some of those felt flowers so that people could try them out and see what they're like. They're easy to miss in the catalog so I thought it'd be nice to showcase them on a card.
Stamps: It's Your Birthday
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Taken with Teal, Basic Black, Xerox White 110lb cardstock, Bali Breeze DSP
Accessories: Felt Fusion, brad
This next card was made very simply with a large flower stamp from Doodle This. The set is fairly 'old', but it is brand new to me. I've seen some cute cards with it so I decided to purchase it. I've never been known for having any type of restraint so this should come as no surprise to any of you :-) The flower was stamped in Basic Brown which is a permanent ink and then colored in with an Aqua Painter and Rose Red Stampin' Write marker. I cut it out and then popped it onto the card. I'm thinking of trying to find something to stick in the center of the flower to add a little detail and dimension. We'll see if I can find something...well, I suppose I have to find '20' somethings so that I will have enough for everyone tomorrow!
Stamps: Happy Everything, Doodle This
Paper: Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Brown, Colorbox Dark Brown

This last card is very similar to one we made before. I didn't really realize until I was posting it that it really kinda reminds me of this birthday card we made a couple of months ago in terms of the layout and polka dot Kraft background. Another new DSP that I recently acquired is the Ginger Blossom collection which I am in love with. This particular print has got to be my favorite so since I've used it all up for the class, I guess I need to order another package! Bummer :-) This little bird is from a versatile stamp set called Fun and Fast Notes. There are stamps for all occasions in that set and even though I really just wanted the bird and the wedding cake, I figured I could find a use for the other stamps in the set.

There are two other cards we'll be making tomorrow. One is the Father's Day card I made a few weeks ago (I'll have a substitute sentiment for anyone who doesn't need/want 2 Father's Day cards) and I'm off to make the last card now. I'll try to make it a good one!
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: