Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CC153: Tempting Krafty Green


I really like the color combo for today's challenge on Splitcoast. Maybe it's because I just ordered Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore cardstock as well as Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery (closest to GG) 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. Oh, AND then there was also that Kraft Taffeta ribbon I received as well! Yes, it seemed like someone chose this challenge just so I would be forced to use my new goods. I decided to use the Kraft as my card base--it's a nice neutral that I often neglect. I love using my Stampin' Write markers to color stamps and that's what I chose to do here so that I could incoporate both the Green Galore and the Tempting Turquoise. I wanted to use my Certainly Celery Wide Grosgrain ribbon for this project, but I couldn't find it anywhere which makes me wonder if I really even ordered it! I thought the narrow was too thin so I decided on the Kraft Ribbon since it was slightly wider. Even though it's a little thinner than I would have liked, this Kraft Taffeta is yummy--it's very pretty and this photo doesn't do it any justice!

ADDED NOTE: So, I'm setting up for my Stamp-a-Stack when I find my Certainly Celery Wide Grosgrain Ribbon--I forgot I used it on one of the cards for the event and already had it packed in the supply box. DUH! I am losing my mind, really losin' it! Well, at least I did order it :-)
Stamp Sets: Older and Wiser (Level 3 Hostess) and Polka Dot BG

1 comment:

Catherine said...

how funny that at first that the card base and the ribbon that you used is basic gray until i read your post...love it!