Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Featured Stamper and Color Challenge

Today's color challenge was the exact same color combo I used on Friday! It was difficult to get motivated when all I kept thinking was to just post the same card from Friday--hehe! So, Sparklegirl was the featured stamper on Sunday and since I didn't have time to do that challenge, I decided to combine it with today's color challenge. I love Sparklegirl's clean style and I really loved this card that she did for Beate's Inspiration Challenge a few weeks ago. I kinda botched up my measurements for the main panel so I ended up with one butterfly instead of three. I used a piece of my SEI linen for the dark brown scalloped piece. While I didn't actually have a dark brown piece, I found that my Chocolate Chip craft ink colored the linen beautifully! It was a little messy, but I liked the end result. If I were to do this again, I would let the linen dry for a few hours. I tried using my heat tool to dry the piece, but it was still pretty inky and I was getting ink on everything which can get a little frustrating after the first couple of times you do it :-).
One of my favorite elements about this card is the little rhinestone blings used on the butterfly. There's a Splitcoaster who goes by name Emmiestamps and she always has the cutest butterflies on her cards so I had to CASE the idea of adding the little rhinestones to my butterfly--I think it's so cute! It's a nice finishing touch.
Stamps: Kind Thoughts
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink DSP, Certainly Celery DSP, SEI linen
Ink: Chocolate Chip craft and classic
Accessories: Paper Studio pink rhinestones

Birthday Sale April 16-June 16

1 comment:

Angie Tieman said...

This is gorgeous!!! That butterfly just stands out and looks so dramatic! I think you've pushed me over the edge on getting this set!