Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shoebox Swap Cards

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to share a few of the cards from the swap the other night. I'll be sharing them all in the next couple of days.
Even though Suzie was unable to attend the swap, she created a card for us to make. A special thanks to Caroline for making her cards and for those who gave their samples to Suzie. Everyone LOVED the papers that Suzie chose for her card--the colors were so soft and beautiful. She used a Sale-a-Bration set which many of us own, but also included some different stamps for those who wanted to mix it up a bit.
Our next card was designed by Miss Ashley. Ashley is our 'junior' stamp-camper as she is going to be an 8th grader this year while most of us can barely remember 8th grade :-) Cupcakes are all the rage in the stamping world so everyone was more than happy to have such a cute cupcake card to make. Ashley used images from the Hero Arts cupcake set (clear) and Hey There, Cupcake by Stampendous (sold at Eclectic Paperie). I'm not sure who the vendor was for the sentiment stamp...it was a wooden stamp and that's all I remember! Ashley incorporated an interesting layout with some fun colors to make this card. We appreciate how she had all of the ovals already cut out for us using her Aunt Cindy's nesties. I'm not sure if you can tell in the photograph, but the card was finished off with a little bling in the center of the flower on one of the cupcakes--too cute!
Caroline's adorable card was made using a newer stamp set called, A Little Birdie Told Me. I love the color combo that she used--just look at how cute the umbrella is with that celery and chocolate! I really like the way Caroline placed the sentiments and the use of the Scallop Circle Punch really adds some embellishment without being over the top. The stitched ribbon works really well and the card is just too cute!

Well, Maddie is awake so I have to get her ready for the day as I head off to my last day of work :-)! Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back tomorrow with some more swap cards to share!

No comments: