Sunday, June 1, 2008

Upcoming Class

I haven't had much time to stamp for 'fun' or do any of the challenges since I have been focused on preparing for my Technique Tuesday class this week.  One of the mediums we'll be working with is velvet and in this first card I used a rich velveteen paper in navy for my main background piece.  Now, Stampin' Up! no longer sells this velveteen paper, but many of us have some hoarded away or have purchased similar paper from other vendors.  It is really difficult to see in the photograph, but I embossed the large swirl image from Baroque Motifs using a hot iron onto the velveteen.   I had some trouble getting it to show up as well as it could have simply because I didn't allow my iron to heat up enough.  I hope to have this perfected by Tuesday :-)
One of the other techniques we'll be experimenting with on Tuesday is bleaching.  On this second card, I bleached out some of the areas on the bench image with a bleach-soaked Qtip.  The image was heat embossed first and this helps the bleach to be contained in certain areas.  JoLynn made the CUTEST card with this Papertrey branch and SU! bench so I had to buy this bench so that I could use the two together on future projects.  JoLynn and I have this disturbing way of enabling one another into more purchases than can possibly be imagined simply by seeing what the other one has done with a particular product.  I guess I'm this way with ALL crafters hence my billions of paper-crafting products stuffed into my studio. 

Focus, Karen, focus...
We'll also be using bleach to stamp some images on Tuesday and there are couple of other tricks up my sleeve so I am looking forward to seeing you all at the class!  I'll be posting the other projects tomorrow or Tuesday so you'll have to stop by to see those.  Hope you are having a restful Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cool! Wish I could be there!

JoLynn said...

I am sooooo excited about these cards. That embossed velveteen sounds awesome... and I love that card. I have not yet tried bleaching. Two techniques that should scare you... JoLynn with an iron, and JoLynn with bleach. Yeah KK Technique Tuesday!