Wednesday, June 4, 2008

SC179

I had no idea what I wanted to do for today's sketch and after much deliberation about papers and stamps, I ended up using these owls by Amuse with some paper by American Crafts. The owls were colored with Copics. Speaking of Copics, can I just say I'm so EXCITED about going to the Copic Certification class in Chicago next month? Woohoo! I'm really looking forward to learning some new techniques because from what I've heard, there are many to learn. I can't wait to share everything I've learned with all of you who are interested.



Stamps: Nature Set by Amuse

Papers: Basic Gray, American Crafts (Metropolitan Collection)

Ink: Basic Gray

My friend Ann joined me this morning for a little stampin' fun, but our fun was cut short since Maddie wasn't really in the mood to be neglected while Mommy stamped. We got our challenge cards done and Ann also had time to make a quick card for her niece, but I did feel like we were rushed a bit. Sorry Ann! Here's the challenge card that Ann made this morning for a co-worker who recently tore her rotator cuff. OUCH! She decided to use this Changito stamp which I thought would go perfectly with the sentiment, "You're never too old to do goofy stuff" and I added "like tear your rotator cuff" and while it was totally ridiculous, I kept repeating it and eventually Ann just went with it for the card. HA! I think her co-worker will get a kick out of it.

Stamps: Changito, Smarty Pants, Polka Dot Basics (used to create dots on the Turqoise)
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, American Crafts DSP
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise and Copics

I have some CUTE cards to share with you made by another friend who tried her first Splitcoast Challenge on Monday, but unfortunately they're on my other camera which is sitting with dead batteries. Of course. SO, I will have those for you tomorrow so you'll have to come back to see those! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: