Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stamp-a-Stack Cards

Sorry, these cards are being posted a bit late. These are just two of the cards we made at last week's SAS. I will upload the others as I have time. Wednesday is 'MADDIE DAY' so I am trying to limit my blogging and crafting time since the poor girl has a lot of 'independent' time on Tuesdays when Mommy has Stamp Camp! This first one is a simple birthday card using some of my favorite materials. First, I love this birthday cake image from the stamp set, Eat Cake. It's one of my favorite birthday sets. The argyle detail on the bottom was done using another favorite set called Classic Backgrounds. This set is one that I almost didn't even notice in the catalog, but I saw someone use this argyle stamp on Splitcoast and so I looked the set up in the catty and there it was--very cute so I had to have it. I like that the star stamp in that set coordinates with the large star punch--always love images I can punch out easily! So, now this post is really going to start reading like a sales pitch, because you all know I'm going to mention the ribbon slide next and it's no secret how much I LOVE the ribbon slides. I only wish that they could be purchased separately as their own embellishment because I'd order a BUNCH! They are part of the new Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware Kit in the mini catalog. The Chocolate Chip twill works with the ribbon slide just beautifully and I'm sure you'll be seeing those items paired up again in the future.

This second design was done as an alternative for the first card just in case people were in a hurry and didn't want to wait for the stamps/markers for the other card. I used a new set called Kind Thoughts and I was really pleased with the card! This stamp set is another one that I didn't even seem to notice when the catalog came out in January. Then, I noticed some cards using the larger image that I have in the background (I turned it on a diagonal) and so I looked for the set in the catalog and I really liked all of the images and was surprised I had never noticed the set. Needless to say, it was on my next order. For this card, we embossed the larger background image with clear ep after we stamped it with Chocolate Chip Craft Ink. Craft Ink can be a real MESS when you aren't used to working with it--it's much more wet and thick than they dye ink so be careful if you ever purchase some to use on projects. A little goes a long way when inking up your stamps with Craft Ink. I saw Beate's Be Inspired Challenge and this card could have worked for it so I might rework it to make a card for her challenge. I'll post it later if I actually have time to do it!

Thanks for stopping by--hope you're having a GREAT day!

No comments: