Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CC164: Soft Sky, Purely Pomegranate and Basic Black

Today's color challenge was DEFINITELY a challenge for me--not like last week! I like Soft Sky and Basic Black together but I just couldn't seem to fit the Pomegranate in so I decided to use my felt flowers which I've had for months and never used (horrible, I know). Stampin' Up! has these felt embellishments in the Accents and Elements Collection and you almost just miss them in the catalog if you aren't looking for them. There is an assortment of flowers in Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red or Purely Pomegranate--I'm not exactly sure and would have to look in the catalog to know for sure. Those two colors are so similar so it's hard to tell just by looking at them. I used my Polka Dot background stamp and an image from She's All That and basically called it a day! I think at some point I should try to rework this using some other colors because I think it has potential--I'm just not feeling the color combo on this particular card.

In other news...
Our Cards for a Cause campaign is going well! Thank you to those of you who have donated--we have fourteen boxes of cards going out so far. Hopefully, we'll get even more donations in the next week--spread the word! ALL proceeds will benefit Kathy's daughter Tarah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Karen!!!
Hugs and smiles