Monday, March 31, 2008

TLC162: Paper Tole

I have never heard of the Paper Tole technique, but a simple version of it is to cut out and raise different elements of a stamped image using dimensionals in order to add some depth and life to the image. Full-blown Paper Toling (if that's even a word) is to cut out each separate element of an image and even curl the paper or raise parts of it to really bring dimension to the project. I may have to try that another day when I am actually wide awake and functioning. I am making some last minute cards for my class on Tuesday and I thought these monkeys would be cute to try with this technique and since I had this sentiment, I figured I could make it work for both the challenge and my class. It's all about humorous cards on Tuesday! I do believe some of my participants will skip the cutting part because it is a bit tedious and we have a bunch of cards to make, but I could be wrong :-)
Stamps: Paisley BG, Changito, Twisted Sentiments (MFT)
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Brown, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Copics

1 comment:

JoLynn said...

You know I'll be cutting, girl. This is sooo cute!