Thursday, February 28, 2008

WT155: Music

Okay, so it seems I'm doing less and less stamping each day. This card has absolutely no stamping at all! The challenge for today on Splitcoast was to make a card inspired by music--stamps, lyrics, etc... I do have a music note stamp somewhere and I have a phrase that I could have used, but I decided to make this instead. I have a former student who is a senior this year and she is being recognized tonight with all of the Illinois State Scholars in her class. Each student gets to choose someone who's had an impact on his or her life to invite to the dinner

and this former student chose ME! Okay, so it's just a dinner at the high school, but to me it's pretty exciting. It's like the Academy Awards for teachers in my book! HA! So, all joking aside, I am honored to be invited and I am really looking forward to seeing this former student and some of her classmates. I will be giving this card to her along with some old photos from her 6th grade year. The colors I chose for this card were inspired by who she was as a 6th grader--she was the girl who'd come in one day with different colored hair or some trendy accessories. She definitely rocked and I'm sure she still does ;-)
Paper: Die Cuts With A View Glitter Stack, Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Basic Black
Accessories: American Crafts Thickers: Roller Rink, Brads

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

U Rock, too! Have fun at dinner. :-)

JoLynn said...

Awesome card, my friend. Congrats on the dinner invite. Enjoy every minute!

Kelly said...

I now find myself crying all the time when I read your blog. Your words of wisdom and talent with stamping are someting to behold. Love.

Carolyn King said...

I love it! Congrats--you must be an incredible teacher--how rewarding to know that you made such an impact on a young girl's life!
You should be proud.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Karen! That must be a great feeling to be picked from that student!
You should keep that card for yourself, because U rock!

The card looks amazing!
Hugs and smiles