Friday, February 8, 2008

LSC154: Non-Traditional Valentine

Today's Limited Supplies Challenge was more challenging than it seemed. We were to make a Valentine's Day card without using hearts, flowers or any shade of red. I used this image from a Level 1 hostess set that was in the Fall/Winter Collection and noticed as I was working on the card that there was a row of hearts stamped right along with all of those sentiments--OOPS! So, that's why the strip of grosgrain ribbon is running along the panel in that particular location. Then, I wanted to add some texture to my background so I used my Paisley BG stamp (I really love that stamp!) and as I was mounting my sentiment panel, I noticed there are some flowers in that background--DUH! I figured they were pretty much covered up so I left it. After all, I only gave myself a 20 minute limit to complete this card since I have so much to do today. That was a challenge in itself!

The color combo was inspired by a valentine made by Kristina Werner a couple of weeks ago for her Make a Card Monday video.
Stamp Sets: So Many Sayings, Paisley BG
Paper: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Au Chocolat DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Paper Piercing Tools, 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain

No comments: