Monday, January 7, 2008

My First Splitcoast Challenge

So, a few weeks ago I mentioned to JoLynn that I'd like to start doing the daily challenges on Splitcoast once in a while. She thought it seemed like a good idea and she's actually been doing a few of them, while I of course haven't. We were on the phone earlier tonight and she mentioned she was going to do this color challenge where participants had to use the colors Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal and Real Red. Now honestly, my eyes hurt just thinking about the combination. Surprisingly, once I actually pulled the colors out and looked at them, I didn't think they were nearly as scary as I imagined them to be. I decided to use a white base so I used Papertrey's 110 lb. cardstock. The panel on the side was actually made to cover up a little mishap which we won't get into. Let's just say, it was an afterthought. The panel seemed a little plain so I added a prima in the middle and some little flowers from the Pretties Kit on the ends. Looking at it now, I suppose I still had my card for Ella on the brain (see next post) since the layout and trio of flowers is pretty similar! I used my Taken with Teal marker and an Aqua Painter to color the white flowers from the Pretties Kit and I loved how easy it was to have a custom-colored flower! I thought the flowers would tie in nicely with the sentiment from the Level 3 hostess set Time Well Spent. I stamped in sentiment using Taken with Teal and I colored it in with Certainly Celery and Real Red. I thought the right side of the card could have used something else, but after trying a few different embellishments, I decided to just leave it alone.

Link to JoLynn's card for this challenge

No comments: