Monday, January 7, 2008

Card for Ella

I made these 'thank you' cards for Ella's first birthday.  Ella is one of Maddie's little cousins on Steve's side of the family.   It was a card-making weekend as I made these for Ella and also got together with my friend Leigh to make the cards for her son's first birthday.  I forgot to bring my camera, but we ended up making the ones with the giraffe on the front.  Madeline was a trooper as she accompanied me on my road trip to Leigh's and to Ella's party on Saturday--long day for us!   Anyway, back to this card.  I used the retired sets Bold Butterfly and Small Sayings as well as a retired color--Positively Pink (I miss that color!) and the current Lovely Lilac.  I tried out my new white cardstock from Papertrey Ink--it's 110 lb. and much better than SU!'s to use for a card base.  Now, don't get me wrong--even though I liked this for the card base, I prefer stamping on SU!'s Whisper White cardstock any day of the week!

No comments: