Sunday, January 20, 2008

MFTSC13: My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #13

I decided to take some time while Maddie was napping to complete a sketch challenge that I've had on my mind this week.  Cindy Haffner is a member of the Design Team for My Favorite Things and she posts a different sketch in the MFT forum each week on Splitcoast.  This sketch looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I decided I wanted to use a 4.25" square base for the card and as I got going, it really seemed like it was too small, but I worked with it for a while and finally finished it.  I changed my mind a few times about what to stamp where and this is what I finally came up with--a sentiment that wraps around the edges with the main image in the center.  The stamps used in this project are all from a mini set that can be seen here.  I KNOW I have to get past using pink and brown so much.  I thought I'd mix it up by adding the Old Olive and really, I'm not too sure with the way it looks.  As much as I'd like to redo it without the Olive, I'm just going to leave it.  Walk away, Karen...just walk away...

Stamps:  Be Mine (MFT)
Ink: Basic Brown, Old Olive, Copics
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive and Whisper White

No comments: