Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cute Cupcake!

I've been seeing so many cute cupcake images while browsing the Splitcoast gallery recently so it was only a matter of time before I got a cupcake set for myself. This particular stamp is from a set by Hero Arts. I got the set at Scrapbook Friend'z the other night and they had one more set in case you're interested. The set included a variety of cupcake images and sentiments. I chose to use a different set for the sentiment and I chose one from a My Favorite Things set called Be Mine. I used this same set on that pink, brown and olive valentine last week. I wanted to make a card and I had to cut myself off from using pink and brown again--you know that's what my first instinct was telling me to work with for this project. I decided to use Basic Gray since it's a nice dark neutral and I'm happy with the combination. The image was stamped with Basic Gray ink and then colored with a combination of Stampin' Write markers and Copics. I haven't done any paper-piercing projects in a long time so I decided it was time to dust off my piercer and mat and get to work. I often neglect adding any type of detail like piercing and really, it's quick and adds a nice touch. I need to think of ways to simply embellish my cards more often. I hope you are busy working on your own cards to bring to the open house on Tuesday!
Stamp Sets: Clear Design Cupcakes by Hero Arts, Dotted BG by Stampin' Up!, Be Mine by My Favorite Things
Ink: Basic Gray, Going Gray Stampin' Write Marker, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker, Copics
Paper: Basic Gray, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White

1 comment:

Lynn Put said...

OMG, this is such a sweet card, great coloring and layout!
I wanted this stamp set sooo bad, but I didnt get it :(