Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stamp-a-Stack

We had a full house on Tuesday night and a lot of fun making these cards!
Sweet Treats is a set you may have purchased years ago and forgot all about by now. It used to be one of my absolute favorites so I decided to dust it off and use it for this card. The main colors used on this card are Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose. We used an Aqua Painter for the coloring and the new corner punch too add a little detail. I think I sprained my hand trying to get the snap in using my Crop-o-Dile, but then I realized it was on the wrong setting--oops! The sentiment is from the set Hugs and Wishes. Measurements: Whisper White 2.25" x 4.25"; Regal Rose 2.5" x 4.5"

This card was inspired by a fellow demonstrator named Kristina Werner. I came across her blog while on Splitcoast. I love this Jumbo Outline Alphabet set and thought it had a lot of potential for both cards and scrapbooking. I also used the sets Print Pattern (Background) and Happy Everything. This card was made with the colors Basic Grey, Pixie Pink and Basic Black.

Now, this was a complete CASE from that demonstrator I mentioned earlier. She has a tutorial for this card on her blog (http://kwernerdesign.com/blog/
tutorials) so you can see all of the cool stuff that she does. I did not think to print out the tutorial for stamp camp--that would have been helpful. Now we're all experts on how to make a scallop circle frame and it's all good! Fortunately for me, Kristina lives in Utah or something because once you see her blog...well, we just won't even think about that. :-)

Okay, it's too bad Stampin' Up! doesn't sell Cuttlebugs because I was trying to sell them all night with this card! I know I have enough die cutters already, but honestly--the embossing folders for the Cuttlebug are just adorable! The embossing folder used on this card is called Divine Swirl or something like that. This card was made using the stamp sets Eat Cake and Everyday Flexible Phrases. We used the Marvy Uchida Mega Circle and Giga Scallop Circle Punches. Colors used were Apricot Appeal, Tempting Turquoise, Going Grey and Whisper White.

Define Your Life is a stamp set I wish I would have noticed earlier. It's buried in the catalog with the alphabet sets and somehow just never realized it was there. This was a simple card using one of the stamps from that set, Basic Grey cardstock and ink, Charbon Designer Series Paper, Marvy Uchida Mega Oval and Giga Scallop Oval punches and Vanilla ribbon.
Baroque Motifs has been the best-selling stamp set in my history as a SU! demonstrator. The larger swirl image brings elegance to the simplest card designs. This card base is 4.25" X 8.5" which gives us a 4.25" square. SU! does not sell a square envelope for this shape, but it will fit into the envelopes we typically use for our other cards. Colors used on this card were Perfect Plum, Pale Plum and Mellow Moss. Accessories included both the small and large Oval Punches. Pale Plum was cut to a 4" square, Perfect Plum 2" X 3.75" and Vanilla 1.75" X 3.5"

No comments: