Saturday, August 4, 2007

Shoebox Swap

It was amazing to see how eleven stampers could come up with such great cards on really short notice! We decided the week before to have a Shoebox Swap and never discussed who was doing what. We were pleasantly surpised to see that everyone had chosen stamps, papers, designs etc... that were really quite different from one another!

I had been waiting for an opportunity to use my Stamp of Authenticity stamp set and finally had the chance when I needed to make a thank you card that was LONG overdue. I used a generic self-stamper from Wal-Mart to stamp "Past Due" on the library card and I thought it would work well for a belated birthday card!






Ashley designed this card and it was actually a birthday card. I guess I wasn't really paying attention when I stamped, "Happy Holidays"! OOPS! Ashley's use of glitter for the sand was a playful touch and really finished the card nicely.





Caroline's card inspired many of us to begin thinking about cute projects for the little goblins in our lives! All I know is that Stampin' Up! should put Caroline's card in its next catalog because her card sold a lot of us on this set!







Suzie's typed instructions were almost as impressive as her card :-)! The subtle colors worked well with these stamps and the finished product is simple and beautiful.










Krystal's card was definitely a crowd pleaser and had many asking, "What stamp set is this?" LOVE MATTERS! Maybe it will be back in the next catalog! For now, you'll have to go to Krystal's new rockin' craft room to borrow her set.

More cards to come soon!

No comments: