Monday, September 19, 2011

Quick Birthday Card

Since I was bitten by the crafting bug, I decided to ink up another stamp from the Happiest Birthday Wishes hostess set. I dug through my scrap box and found the card base and paper for the card. The base measures 3.5" x 5" so it's slightly smaller than most of the cards I make. I stamped the image using Pear Pizazz and punched it out using the 1 3/4 circle punch and then layered it with the piece from the 2 3/8 scallop circle punch from SU!. Since I didn't really do anything extraordinary with this design, this card was made in about three minutes. So much for blaming 'time' for my lack of cardmaking!

Let me leave you with this simple card made by Madeline for her kindergarten teacher. I got a new set of chipboard from SU! with my last order and I had taken this butterfly out of the package the other day thinking I would make a magnet for her teacher. I know butterflies have a special significance for her and so I had it sitting on my table with the intention of completing this project. Well, Madeline saw it and before I even knew she had taken it, she presented me with this card and said, "Mom, I colored this butterfly and made a card for my teacher. I made a purple card because I know she likes purple!" Well, I could hardly be upset with her for 'stealing' my butterfly! I think her teacher will like Madeline's card even better than whatever I would have made. :-)

1 comment:

JoLynn said...

Goosebumps. That is all.