Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stamp-a-Stack Cards Continued

Happy Sunday, everyone! I don't know about all of you, but I am enjoying the weekend and am sad to see it wrapping up and coming to an end. I have some time before I have to head to Zumba and Strong (another class at the gym that I am a huge fan of these days) so I figured I should share these last two cards before I forget!

You know how much I love Chocolate Chip--it is my favorite neutral to work with on most occassions. I paired it with the Bashful Blue here and really wanted to use a Kraft cardstock base but I didn't have enough so I went with Sahara Sand instead. I think it looks okay, but I think I would have preferred the Kraft. Maybe next time. This layout is one I've used many times though I typically center that focal panel. I saw this card on the Clean and Simple blog and you can easily see how I pretty much CASEd it in making this card and why I think I would have preferred the Kraft--I think it looks great on the card that Natasha made. I'll have to edit this post later because of course, I cannot for the life of me remember the stamp set I used!

Botanical Blooms was the first Sale-a-Bration set that I chose because I loved the sample shown in the SAB flyer. Which speaking of SAB flyers, I use the term 'flyer' loosely because I really have just looked at the PDF online. It seems that SU's mini catalogs are taking FOREVER to arrive in the mail and it's driving me nuts! Okay, complaining session is over...back to the card. I used a couple of the outline images from the set and considered coloring them in but then I kinda just liked them plain so I left them alone. The sentiment is from a Level 1 hostess set which is new this spring.
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip DSP
For those of you who would like to take advantage of Sale-a-Bration, remember that you can always place an order online at anytime or my next order is going in March 1st. Free stamps or accessories are always fun!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I love both of these! If you've looked at my blog lately, you know I'm on a CAS kick--I may have to CASE you! ;)