Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SC193: She's All That

Today's sketch was an interesting one. I seemed to have the most trouble with those three strips running behind the main image panel. I tried a variety of ribbon, some twill and a variety of paper strips. As you can see, I ended up going with paper in the end. I'm thinking that the strips just add a look of clutter since I just couldn't get it right and I think I'd like the card a lot better without them! Okay, enough complaining about those three strips. I really like the rest of the card. I used my new Hostess set and Wide Oval Punch for the accent piece and I have to say that I really love that stamp! I'm a sucker for stamps and coordinating punches so that should come as no real surprise to anyone. Initially, I had the sketch flipped and I had that punched oval as the main focal image, but then I remembered my She's All That set and thought that prego silhouette would work with the sketch a little better. So, that's that!
I also wanted to share this pic that I took of my nephew's birthday gift. I made him a card using Basic Grey's Archaic line and I didn't think to photograph it before I sealed it in the envelope--DOH! Well, since I stamped the envelope, I decided to just take a picture of it instead. If you haven't guessed, there was a dinosaur theme for the party. My sticky strip came in handy as I used it to attach the dino to the package :-) These crafting supplies are worth every cent, right?

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Speaking of using craft supplies for all sorts of things, this morning I used some of my SU rub-ons as nail art! I have a pretty white flower on each of my big toes!

Beate said...

Great card, Karen. I love how you handled the triple stripes!
Hugs and smiles

Catherine said...

Absolutely gorgeous =)