Saturday, August 30, 2008

August Birthdays

There were a LOT of birthdays this week! My friend Elizabeth and I have been getting up early every morning to go work out and we definitely deserved a treat by the time the end of the week rolled around. Since her birthday was earlier this week, it seemed appropriate that some type of cake be our treat for the week. This is a strawberry torte that I brought to our book club last night. It's a Pampered Chef recipe that I got years ago and is very simple to make. If you're interested in the recipe, please let me know! Warning: Lots of calories :-)

My friend Jen celebrated a birthday earlier this week as well and she has got to be the biggest bookworm I know! So, Bookwormabella finally saw some ink as I set out to make a card for Jen. I used some paper that I've had from DCWV and a rub-on from SU! which helped this card come together rather quickly. The image is from Stamping Bella and was colored in with Copics. I met Jen and a couple of other friends for lunch and let me tell you it was an experience. The food was delicious and then we even splurged and went for dessert. Unfortunately, I found a little uninvited friend in my dessert and almost tossed my cookies right there at the table! On a positive note, the management at the restaurant was SO generous and basically covered our entire tab with a gift certificate they gave me for the little mishap. Fabulously kind of them and I won't be scared to go there again...though I probably will just stick to eating Michelle's bread pudding from now on :-)

6 comments:

Krystal said...

Now I'm really sorry that I missed book club! That looks delicious!

Ann said...

Oh, yum! I think I will just admire that dessert from afar...I don't need the extra calories! :D

Anonymous said...

Screw the calories - can I get the recipe?

Angie Tieman said...

Yummy! Yummy! That looks delish!! I love Bookworm Bella, so perfect for one who loves to read! Beautiful card! And *yikes* to your eating out story! I try not to think about things when eating out, because you never really know what's going on with your food! lol!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card. I really love the way that you colored it.

Thank you again,
Jessica Lynn

Anonymous said...

oh my it's lunchtime and I fell upon that torte.....ooooooo yummy....thanks for sharing!

Donna