Thursday, June 12, 2008

Busy Day!

I HAD to squeeze in the Splitcoast Challenge this morning even though I knew I didn't really have the time--it's an illness of sorts! The challenge was Ways to Use Photographs and I figured it was the perfect opportunity to make a page to complement the page I made a few weeks ago which can be seen here. I had printed these pictures a weekend or two ago thinking I'd make the page and I never did. I figured I could get the page done in 10 or 15 minutes since I only had the few pics to work with and already knew my colors, etc... Of course, it took more like 30 minutes because the page just looked so BLAH, which led me to add the dots of patterned paper which were punched out with the 1/2" circle punch and mounted on the black 3/4" circles. After looking at the photograph, I did bump down that circular photo about half an inch so that it was more centered in that quadrant. I have a hard time thinking outside of the box when scrapbooking and all of my pages look the same in the sense that they're all quite linear.

Well, I probably won't be posting much this weekend. My dad and Steve's parents are getting into town tomorrow then we have more family arriving on Saturday and then all of the other guests arriving for the fiesta on Sunday so ya...I won't have much crafting time. I will post pictures from the party next week so all of you faithful cake followers will see how it turned out for the big day :-)

*Don't forget--orders for the Subtotal Sale are due Monday. The retired list is coming out on Sunday and will most likely be posted on http://www.stampinup.com . I will e-mail it Sunday night to anyone on my mailing list.

2 comments:

JoLynn said...

LOVE the pictures. LOVE the layout. LOVE the subject. :) Very cool.

Traveling Mama said...

What a cutie! Love the page too!