Friday, April 4, 2008

Elegant Eggplant


I woke up feeling inspired to make another card for today's challenge. I am so excited about my road trip to St. Louis with some of my best stamping friends so I thought about this hostess set that I haven't used much recently and used it for this card. Since many of my stamping friends are also former colleagues, I had to go with our school colors: purple and white. Instead of a bright purple like Lovely Lilac, I opted for the Elegant Eggplant and I really like it! The design for this card was inspired by a BEAUTIFUL project done by MJ Albright which was featured in a publication for Stampin' Up! demonstrators. Her project was a decorated box and it had so many cut-outs all beautifully colored--my project is a much, much simpler take :-) I guess that's one benefit of being limited to one color. I did add some lighter color simply by running a blender pen over the stamped images in certain places to add some dimension to the images though it is difficult to tell in the photograph. Okay, so really...this will be my last post before I leave town :-) Have a great day!

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

beautiful card Karen! Have a great trip!!!