Saturday, March 15, 2008

Route 66

So, I didn't peg myself as a Hanna Stamps kind of a gal, but here I am the proud owner of three new stamp sets. This Route 66 set just grabbed my attention right away. It isn't everyday that you find a feminine motorcycle stamp and while I don't own a motorcycle, it'd be nice. I figure this stamp will be the closest I'll ever get. Making this card took a lot more time than I had anticipated--coloring that motorcycle is a pretty laborious process! I wasn't happy with the first one I colored so I tried again and added some paper-piecing. Yes, I am all about paper-piecing right now--it's a phase I'm going through! I had some of this paper left from a project I hope to share with you soon so I used it for the background of the card and on the girl's helmet and tank. The rest of the image was colored with Copics and Copic Spica Glitter Pens (LOVE THESE!). I got my glitter pens from My Favorite Things and while I didn't know if I really needed them, I am really glad I got them because they add a nice shimmer to any project. They sell them individually as well as the whole set so take a look around their site if you're interested. I have ordered from My Favorite Things a couple of times and have had nothing but positive experiences.


I tried using Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge for this card, but I had to modify it slightly. I didn't want my sentiment piece to cover up the back wheel so I moved the panel a little higher than what she had on her sketch. I have another card I made for this sketch and I'll post that shortly.

I hope to have another Hanna project to share with you soon!

Stamps: Route 66 and Things Hanna Would Say by Hanna Stamps
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, American Crafts DSP
Accessories: Label Punch, Large Oval Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Copics, Copic Spica Glitter Pens
EDITED TO ADD: I almost forgot--free ribbon slides are going to Ann, Kelly and JoLynn! Since I only had three people comment before the deadline, you can all get some!

No comments: