Saturday, March 1, 2008

Inspiration Challenge 117: Blue Room

I don't typically participate in the Inspiration Challenges on Saturday, but I had to today because my friend Ann chose the inspiration piece! How fun is that? I was drawn to the circular mirror on the wall and went from there. I have a hard time thinking outside of the box so I was pretty literal with my translation of the inspiration piece on my card. I used a plastic ring (no idea what it's called) that I picked up at CKC in October and put a piece of shiny silver paper behind it to make my 'mirror'. Would have been nice if I had reflective paper, huh? The sentiment is difficult to see, but it reads, 'You're absolutely fabulous!'. It was stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink and then embossed with Whisper White powder. I had in mind that the recipient would be seeing her reflection while reading the sentiment--of course, there's no reflection in silver paper so it's really just an illusion :-) I busted out an old background stamp to add the plaid panel and the bottom of the card and also dug up this old gingham ribbon to finish off the card. Plain and simple. Thanks for looking!

No comments: