Thursday, February 21, 2008

WT154: Windows

Fast and easy...not the first words I would choose to associate with myself yet it seems they really do describe the cards I make. Today's card was almost too fast and looking at it now makes me realize it really leaves a lot to be desired! For today's challenge, we had to make some sort of window. I thought I'd make a window using the Giga Scallop Circle Punch and the Mega Circle Punch but it really doesn't look any different than just punching out the two circles and layering them. There really is no window effect here so I'm thinking I needed to use dimensionals to pop up the Soft Sky piece to give it a little more depth. Since I just got done organizing my scrap bags, I decided that I'm going to try and just use scraps for some of my challenge cards and that's what I did here. The card looks a little lifeless to me so I may have to keep working on it.

The sentiment I used here is a stamp from Impression Obsession. I know it's difficult to read it in the picture--it says, "I have found that if you love life it will love you back. Arthur Rubinstein" I found this stamp on my little shopping trip with Kate the other day and the sentiment just grabbed me so in turn, I grabbed my wallet. I do believe that what we give comes back to us.

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

Fun card-- I Love the crisp clean design...and the fantastic colors!