Friday, January 18, 2008

WSC31 & LSC151

This card was made for two challenges today. One is Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge and the other is Splitcoast's Limited Supplies Challenge. The aspect of this card that I struggled with the most was the sentiment over to the right. I could not figure out how to display it and I'm still not happy with how it looks. I did notice Beate posted a new card for her sketch and she also used the Label Punch and a circle punch, but she stamped the sentiment on an oval piece which she put over the label and circle. I may try that and see if I like it better. The Limited Supplies Challenge asked that participants use 1 or 2 background stamps (I used Soft Swirls), 2 colors and 1 neutral, and limited embellishments--basically, keep it simple. We couldn't use patterned paper, the Cuttlebug or anything like that. It's nice to get back to the basics every now and then!

Stamp Sets: Little Pieces, Happy Heart Day and Soft Swirls (BG)
Colors: Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Purely Pomegranate DS ribbon, Stampin' Write Markers in Rose Red and Going Gray, Label Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch

No comments: