Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Tools Class

I had a lot of fun last night at our class and was SO GRATEFUL for everyone's understanding with me not being 100%.  I was so flighty and poor Caroline was waiting forever for me to change the Xyron refill which I forgot about, then got stuck in the machine somehow...ugh!  So, I really apologize for yesterday and I thank all of you for being so kind and helpful to your scattered dealer, I mean demonstrator.  Now, on to the projects.  The first card here was made very simply.  First, the rectangle was embossed using a Nestibilities Die with the Cuttlebug.  Then, the letters were mounted onto an acrylic block, colored with Stampin' Write markers and stamped onto Papertrey Ink's heavyweight white cardstock.  

Ink colors: Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate chip and Pixie Pink
Stamp Set: Trajan Monogram by Papertrey Ink
 
This card was CASED from SCS user notimetostamp.  We used the Scor-Pal to create the embossed lines and used the Cuttlebug and small square embossing folders for the trio of embossed squares.  Images were colored with Copic Markers.  The ribbon was tied in a knot and then another smaller piece of ribbon was knotted around that for added dimension.
Stamp Sets: Time Well Spent (level 3 hostess) and Absolutely Fabulous

You'll have to ignore the fact that this card is ripped on the left-hand side.  Maddie got a hold of it and the rest is history.  We made a Triangle Trifold card last spring at a class and it was a popular design so we revisited it last night using the Scor-Pal.  The Scor-Pal does take some getting used to and I think the diagonal score lines seemed to throw a lot of people for a loop, but with a little practice we were okay :-).  I can't remember who mentioned it, but we had discussed taking a permanent black marker and just marking one of the score lines to use for diagonals and I think that's what I will end up doing.
Stamp Sets: It's a Party (retired), Limitless Labels Papertrey Ink
Colors: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Passion
Patterned Paper was from a SLAB purchased at Michael's last year
I still have some more projects to post, but I will have to save those for later since I am out of time!  

No comments: