Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Scrapbooking Kits by SEI

There was a time in my life when I thought I was too good for scrapbooking kits--I mean, really...why would I need a kit when I have the equivalent of a scrapbooking store in my own basement? Well, I'll tell you why--they're super fast and easy to put together! I just finished a 12 x 12 album for my parents' Christmas gift and it took me about 6-7 hours total. Now, I'm including the time it took to print and cut pics and modify the layouts. If one were to have photos ready to go and stuck to the layouts provided by SEI, I imagine she could have an album finished in just a couple of hours--no joke. For me, 6-7 hours compared to what it usually takes me to complete a 12 x 12 album is fantastic! Unfortunately, I decided to cram the album with a lot more pictures and that created a lot of work! It was worth it though--I'm pleased with the end result. My parents were neglected and didn't get an album last year so I hope they like this one! SEI really impressed me at the Creating Keepsakes Convention and now I'm a huge fan of the kits. JoLynn and I both signed up for CLUB SEI where you get some type of project kit every other month or every month depending on what you want. The nice thing is, the kits are previewed a few weeks before they ship so you can opt out any month that you aren't that thrilled with the kit. If you'd like more information, visit their website. Let them know that JoLynn and I referred you if you decide to sign up! You can also buy the album kits at Hobby Lobby--with a 40% off coupon, this kit for my parents cost $15! I did have to add some paper from my own stash since I modified the layouts, but I probably only needed 6 or 7 sheets. Here is one of my favorite layouts from the album: My Favorite Things. The original layout was for four photos and I added a bunch more.

2 comments:

JoLynn said...

ABSOLUTELY beautiful.

JoLynn

Anonymous said...

This is AWESOME! I can't wait to see the whole thing.