Thursday, November 1, 2007

Chipboard Mania!

Our first chipboard class was a huge success! Everyone seemed to have fun even though it got a little messy :-) All of the chipboard used in this class came from Stampin' Up!'s On Board Blossoms and Basics. We used acrylic paints from Making Memories and some random brands from Wal-Mart and craft ink from Stampin' Up! to paint the chipboard and we also used some Designer Series Paper from SU! to cover a few pieces. Well, enough rambling...let's just get to the cards.

Pick a Petal is a popular set from the Fall/Winter Collection and it works beautifully with some of the chipboard pieces in the Blossoms and Basics assortment. We used the smaller petals for this particular card, but there are larger petal stamps that would work with the larger petals. The petals were painted with a white acrylic paint and the images were then stamped with assorted SU! craft inks. I used Pink Passion, Only Orange, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore and Lovely Lilac on the petals and then Yo-Yo Yellow for the center. The center was also finished off with some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I used SU!'s heat and stick powder, but a glue stick or pen works as well. The sentiment is from the set, Stem Sayings and was stamped using a Classic ink pad in Glorious Green.

It isn't a class without Baroque Motifs. This card was super easy to make. The chipboard piece was inked up with SU!'s Craft Ink in Whisper White. Once dried, the little dots were added with a Night of Navy marker. The image from Baroque Motifs in the center of scallop chipboard piece was actually stamped on a Whisper White piece of cardstock and then cut out and mounted onto the chipboard. The larger swirl was stamped in Night of Navy on Whisper White and then mounted on Night of Navy. This card was cased from Splitcoast--click here to see the original card.

If you're on Splitcoast, you'll see a lot of creative uses of the pieces included in this chipboard assortment...ladybugs, butterflies and dragonflies are a few cute creations I saw while browsing. This card was almost CASE'd exactly as I saw it and I cannot find it again to link the picture! I apologize to the original card designer because this is so not my original idea! The ladybug pieces were inked using a black acrylic paint and SU! Craft Ink in Real Red. Once the red pieces were dry, the dots were drawn in with a black paint pen. A two-way glue pen was used to draw the line which was covered in Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. The sentiment is from the set, Hugs and Wishes and was stamped in Basic Black. Doesn't get much easier than that!

No comments: