Tuesday, October 9, 2007

WCMD: Good Times, Good Times

Who doesn't enjoy making free cards? World Card Making Day was a lot of fun, even though we had a smaller crowd than usual due to the holiday weekend.

Unfortunately, I haven't had as much time as I've wanted to update the blog so I'm going to post one of the cards we made and the rest will hopefully follow in the next couple of days!

This first card was a slightly modified version of a card I recently got from my friend and fellow demonstrator, Kendra. She borrowed some stamps and punches for a recent class and gave me some samples of cards when she returned my supplies--bonus! Her card was larger and used a different sentiment (mine is from Hero Arts). I scaled it down to a 3"x6" card so that it would fit in the envelopes that I had. The card base is a 6" x 6" piece of More Mustard. A Really Rust strip measuring 1 3/4" x 6" was used for the base of the flowers and ribbon. We used More Mustard and Vellum with the 5 Petal Punch for some fast and easy flowers--ya gotta love that punch! Sorry, I should have fixed the flower to the left before I photographed the card--I didn't notice it wasn't overlapped correctly!

No comments: